Urso tablets 100 mg for gallstones and liver diseases
What are Urso tablets 100 mg for gallstones or liver diseases?
Urso tablets, containing the active ingredient ursodeoxycholic acid, have been widely recognized for their remarkable therapeutic effects on the liver and biliary system. Ursodeoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring bile acid that plays a pivotal role in restoring and enhancing various aspects of liver function. This medication not only boosts bile secretion but also significantly improves the overall bile flow within the body.
Numerous clinical studies have underscored the effectiveness of Urso tablets in treating a range of conditions related to liver and biliary health. These studies have shown that Urso tablets excel in several key areas:
- Hepatotoxicity Alleviation: Ursodeoxycholic acid, the primary component of Urso tablets, is known for its hepatoprotective properties. It actively replaces hydrophobic bile acids in the liver, effectively reducing hepatotoxicity. This process aids in the detoxification of the liver and promotes its long-term health.
- Anti-Inflammatory Action: Urso tablets exhibit a remarkable ability to inhibit cytokine and chemokine production. This anti-inflammatory action helps prevent the infiltration of inflammatory cells into the liver. By doing so, Urso tablets contribute to the improvement of liver function and reduce the severity of liver dysfunction caused by inflammation.
- Gallstone Dissolution: Another significant benefit of Urso tablets is their ability to dissolve gallstones, particularly cholesterol gallstones. This dissolution process is instrumental in providing relief to individuals suffering from gallstone-related complications and pain.
- Enhanced Digestion and Absorption: Urso tablets have also been linked to improved digestion and nutrient absorption. By optimizing bile flow and bile acid composition, they aid in the breakdown of fats and fat-soluble vitamins, ensuring better nutrient utilization.
Urso tablets find extensive application in the treatment of various medical conditions. These tablets are a go-to choice for the management of diseases affecting the biliary system, such as cholestatic liver diseases and bile flow retention disorders. Individuals experiencing dyspepsia after undergoing small intestine resection surgery often benefit from Urso tablets, which aid in restoring digestive function. In cases of inflammatory diseases affecting the small intestine, Urso tablets help alleviate symptoms and promote healing. For patients with chronic liver diseases like primary biliary cirrhosis and those resulting from hepatitis C virus infection, Urso tablets have been proven to improve liver function and slow down disease progression.
Active principles: ursodeoxycholic acid
Amount: 100 tablets
Maker: Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, Osaka, Japan
- treatment of disease of biliary system and liver disease resulting from bile flow retention,
- improve dyspepsia after small intestine resection,
- improve dyspepsia in inflammatory disease of small intestine,
- dissolve cholesterol gallstones,
- improve liver function in chronic liver disease, primary biliary cirrhosis and chronic liver disease due to hepatitis C virus.
How to take
For treatment of liver disease and improvement of liver function and dyspepsia: adults should take 0.5 tablet (50 mg of the active principle) at a time, 3 times a day. Your doctor should adjust the dosage according to your disease, age and symptom. One tablet contains 100 mg of the active principle.
For dissolution of cholesterol gallstones: adults should take 2 tablets (200 mg) at a time, 3 times a day. Your doctor should adjust the dosage according to your disease, age and symptom.
For improvement of liver function in primary biliary cirrhosis and chronic liver disease due to hepatitis C virus: adults should take 2 tablets (200 mg) at a time, 3 times a day. Your doctor should adjust the dosage according to your disease, age and symptom. The maximum daily dosage should be within 9 tablets (900 mg).
Contraindications: do not use for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Do not use for patients with complete biliary obstruction and fulminant hepatitis.
If an allergic reaction occurs, patient needs to stop using the medicine and consult with their doctor. If patient is taking any other medication or treatment, they should consult with their doctor in advance.