Omepral tablets 10 mg for ulcer, reflux and Helicobacter pylori (Omeprazole, Prilosec, Losec)
What are Omepral tablets 10 mg for ulcer, reflux, and Helicobacter pylori (Omeprazole Prilosec, Losec)?
An active principle of Omepral tablets is omeprazol, a proton-pump inhibitor. It works by inhibiting the terminal step of gastric acid production and reduces stomach acid secretion. Omepral tablets are used to treat gastric, duodenal, and anastomotic ulcers, non-erosive gastroesophageal acid disease and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. This medicine can also be used to prevent the recurrence or occurrence of reflux esophagitis.
Although omeprazole does not eliminate Helicobacter pylori by itself, studies have shown that the changes in gastric acid production subsequently cause the change of the pattern of bacterial colonization, increasing the effectiveness of antibiotics to up to 95%.
Active principles: omeprazole
Amount: 100 tablets
Maker: AstraZeneca K. K., Tokyo, Japan
- treatment of gastric, duodenal, and anastomotic ulcers,
- treatment of reflux esophagitis and non-erosive gastroesophageal acid disease,
- treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome,
- recurrence prevention therapy for reflux esophagitis,
- elimination of Helicobacter Pylori (combined with 2 other antibiotics).
How to take
- For treatment of gastric, duodenal, or anastomotic ulcers, Zollinger–Ellison syndrome, and reflux esophagitis: adults should take two tablets (20 mg of active principle) once a day. For reflux esophagitis and gastric ulcers, the usual treatment time is 6-8 weeks.
- For non-erosive gastroesophageal acid reflux disease: adults should take one tablet (10 mg) once a day. The duration of the treatment is up to 4 weeks.
- For prevention of the recurrence or treating recurrences of reflux esophagitis: adults should take 1-2 tablets (10-20 mg) once a day
- For eradication of Helicobacter Pylori: adults should take 2 tablets (20 mg) along with 750 mg of amoxicillin hydrochloride and 200-400mg of clarithromycin, 2 times a day, for 7 days. As an alternative, in case of failure patient take the 2 tablets (20 mg) along with 750 mg amoxicillin hydrochloride and 250 mg metronidazole, 2 times a day, for 7 days.
Contraindications: do not use for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Do not use for patients with liver disorders.
If an allergic reaction occurs, patient needs to stop using the medicine and consult with their doctor. If patient is taking any other medication or treatment, they should consult with their doctor in advance.