Lixiana OD tablets 60 mg for treatment of recurrence of venous thromboembolism (edoxaban tosylate hydrate, deep venous thrombosis, pulmonary thromboembolism)
What are Lixiana OD Tablets 60 mg for treatment and prevention of venous thrombosis (edoxaban tosylate hydrate, deep venous thrombosis, pulmonary thrombosis)?
An active principle of Lixiana OD tablets is edoxaban tosylate hydrate, a monohydrate of the tosylate salt of edoxaban. It inhibits activated blood coagulation factor, inhibits platelet aggregation, and suppresses blood coagulation. Lixiana OD tablets prevent thromboembolism caused by blood coagulation in blood vessels. They are helpful for following purposes:
- to reduce the risk of stroke and systemic embolism for patients with non-valvular atrial fibrillation,
- to prevent and treat relapses of venous thrombosis,
- to reduce the risk for venous thromboembolism for patients undergoing lower limb orthopedic surgery.
Edoxaban has a similar effectiveness to warfarin but it has less drug interactions and better helps to reduce the risks of hemorrhagic strokes, cardiovascular mortality, major bleeding, and intracranial bleeding.
Active principles: edoxaban tsylate hydrohydrate
Amount: 100 tablets
Maker: Daiichi Sankyo, Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
Indications: treatment and prevention of venous thrombosis (deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary thrombosis)
How to take
Adults with a body weight of less than 60 kg should take 0.5 tablet (30 mg of active principle) a day.
Adults with a body weight of more than 60 kg should take 1 tablet (60 mg) a day. Your doctor may reduce the dosage to 30 mg a day, depending on your renal function and concomitant medications.
Please note that this medicine contains 60 mg of edoxaban in 1 tablet.
Contraindications: do not use for the following patients:
- Patients with bleeding (intracranial bleeding and retroperitoneal bleeding),
- Patients with bleeding tendencies (bleeding disorders, gastrointestinal ulcers, diabetic retinalopathy, etc. ),
- Patients with acute bacterial heart disease,
- Patients with liver dysfunction, renal failure or liver disease with coagulation disorder,
- Patients with a body weight of less than 40 kg,
- Breastfeeding or pregnant women.
The medicine dissolves with saliva when being placed on the tongue. You can take it with or without water. However, you should not take this medicine without if the patient is lying down.
The next dosage should be taken after at least 12 hours after the previous dosage.
If nasal bleeding, gum bleeding, bruise, bloody urine, vomiting of blood or bloody stool occur, stop using the medicine and contact your doctor immediately.
If an allergic reaction occurs, patient needs to stop using the medicine and consult with their doctor. If patient is taking any other medication or treatment, they should consult with their doctor in advance.