Lansoprazole tablets 30 mg for ulcer, esophagitis and Helicobacter pylori (Prevacid, Takepron, Zoton)
What are Lansoprazole tablets (Prevacid, Takepron, Zoton) 30 mg for ulcer, esophagitis and Helicobacter pylori?
Lansoprazole is a proton pump inhibitor. It decreases gastric acid secretion by inhibiting enzyme activity of the proton pump in the gastric mucosa. Also, lansoprazole improves heartburn symptoms, symptoms of postprandial fullness, dyspepsia and reflux symptoms.
Lansoprazole tablets are effective for the treatment of gastric, duodenal or anastomotic ulcer, reflux esophagitis and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Also, this medicine is used for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori in gastric or duodenal ulcer, gastric MALT lymphoma, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, stomach after the endoscopic therapy for early gastric cancer.
Active principles: lansoprazole
Amount: 100 tablets
Maker: Sawai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Nihon Generic Co., Ltd., Towa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Teva Takeda Pharma Ltd. etc.
- gastric, duodenal or anastomotic ulcer,
- reflux esophagitis,
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome,
- Helicobacter pylori.
How to take
- For gastric/duodenal/anastomotic ulcer, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome: adults should take 1 tablet (30 mg of the active principle) at a time, once a day. Do not use this medicine for more than 8 weeks for gastric/anastomotic ulcer, and 6 weeks for duodenal ulcer.
- For reflux esophagitis: adults should take 1 tablet at a time, once a day. Do not use this medicine for more than 8 weeks. For maintenance therapy for recurrent or relapse reflux esophagitis, take 15 mg (0.5 tablet) at a time, once a day. If the effect is insufficient, your doctor may increase the dosage up to 1 tablet at a time, once a day.
- For Helicobacter pylori eradication: adults should take 1 tablet at a time, 2 times a day for 7 days, in combination with two antibiotics. If the combination of antibiotics resulted in failure, your doctor may prescribe to prolong the treatment with Lansoprazole tablets for 7 more days in combination with different antibiotics.
Contraindications: do not use for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
If an allergic reaction occurs, patient needs to stop using the medicine and consult with their doctor. If patient is taking any other medication or treatment, they should consult with their doctor in advance.