Endoxan tablets 50 mg for cancer (chemotherapy, cyclophosphamide hydrate, cytophosphane, Cytoxan)
What are Endoxan tablets 50 mg for cancer (chemotherapy, cyclophosphamide hydrate, cytophosphane, Cytoxan)?
The active principle of Endoxan tablets is cyclophosphamide hydrate, an antineoplastic, immunosuppressive alkylating and carcinogenic agent. It works by inhibiting DNA synthesis and decreasing the immune system's response . Endoxan tablets are effective for the treatment of various cancers, for suppression of immune responses associated with cell transplantation, for the treatment of systemic AL amyloidosis, treatment-resistant rheumatoid diseases, and nephrotic syndrome resistant to treatment with adrenal corticosteroid. The treatment should be performed under the strict monitoring of doctor in charge.
Active principles: cyclophosphamide hydrate
Amount: 100 tablets
Maker: Shionogi & Co., Ltd., Osaka, Japan
- Various types of cancer, including multiple myeloma, malignant lymphoma, breast cancer, acute leukaemia etc.,
- Immune responses associated with cell transplantation,
- Systemic AL amyloidosis,
- Treatment-resistant rheumatoid diseases,
- Nephrotic syndrome resistant to treatment with adrenal corticosteroids.
How to take
- Various cancers: adults should take 2-4 tablets (100-200 mg of active principle) a day.
- Suppression of immune responses associated with cell transplantation: usually the dosage and administration are defined by regenerative medical techniques.
- Systemic AL amyloidosis: adults should take 300 mg of active principle per 1 square meter of body surface area weekly. The single dose is up to 500 mg.
- Treatment-resistant rheumatoid diseases: adults should take 1-2 tablets a day.
- Nephrotic syndrome: adults should take 1-2 tabletsa day, for 8 to 12 weeks. Children should take 2-3 mg of active principle per 1 kg of body a day, but not exceeding 2 tablets a day, for 8 to 12 weeks. The total amount of the dosage for children is 300 mg or less per 1 kg of body weight.
In any case, your doctor can adjust the dosage according to your disease, age and symptoms.
Contraindications: do not use for patients with infections, pregnant, possibly pregnant or breastfeeding women.
This medicine may cause abnormalities in fetus. Both male and female patients should take adequate contraception and avoid conceiving a child while taking these tablets.
If an allergic reaction occurs, patient needs to stop using the medicine and consult with their doctor. If patient is taking any other medication or treatment, they should consult with their doctor in advance.