Diquas ophthalmic solution 3% (diquafosol sodium, dry eye)
What is Diquas ophthalmic solution 3% (diquafosol sodium, dry eye)?
The active substance of Diquas ophthalmic solution is diquafosol sodium, a purinergic P2Y2 receptor agonist. It activates P2Y2 receptors expressed on the ocular surface an, by this, promotes secretion of mucin and transfer of water, two main components of tears. A the result, Diquas ophthalmic solution improve the tear film conditions and treats keratoconjunctival epithelial disorder known as dry eye syndrome.
Active principles: diquafosol sodium
Amount: 10 vials * 5 ml
Maker: Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Osaka, Japan
Indications: dry eye syndrome
How to use
- Apply 1 drop at a time, 6 times a day.
- Wash your hands with soap and water thoroughly before use.
- Do not touch the eye or eyelashes with the dropper tip while applying.
- After applying, close your eyes for 1-5 minutes, pressing the inner corner of your eyes.
- If you need to use other eye drops at the same time, wait more than 5 minutes before the application.
Contraindications: do not use for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Do not use for patients with contact lenses.
If an allergic reaction occurs, patient needs to stop using the medicine and consult with their doctor. If patient is taking any other medication or treatment, they should consult with their doctor in advance.