What are Dayvigo tablets 2.5 mg for insomnia?
An active principle of Dayvigo tablets is lemborexant, an orexin antagonist. It acts on the orexin receptors responsible for the awakening promotion. Dayvigo tablets help to fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer. Lemborexant is generally well-tolerated, has few contraindications and side effects and has a low risk of misuse, tolerance and dependency.
Active principles: lemborexant
Amount: 100 tablets
Maker: Eisai Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
How to take
Adults usually take 2 tablets (5 mg) at a time, strictly before bedtime. Your doctor may adjust the dosage according to your symptoms. The maximum dosage is 10 mg of active principle at a time. If used together with other medicines, the dosage may be reduced to 1 tablet at a time.
Contraindications: do not use for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Never take two doses at a time.
- Do not take this medicine if you're planning to wake up in a shorter period of time.
- Do not take these tablets together with meal or just after meal.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while you're undergoing the treatment with these tablets.
- These tablets may cause drowsiness. Do not drive a car, work at heights or operate dangerous machinery while taking this medicine.
If an allergic reaction occurs, patient needs to stop using the medicine and consult with their doctor. If patient is taking any other medication or treatment, they should consult with their doctor in advance.