Clopidogrel tablets 25 mg for thrombosis prevention (Plavix, blood clot)
What are Clopidogrel tablets (Plavix)?
Clopidogrel is a prodrug, which is activated inside the human body with several enzymes. Its metabolites inhibit purinergic receptors which are important in activation of platelets. As a result, Clopidogrel tablets inhibit platelet aggregation attributed to platelet activation and prevent thrombus formation in blood vessels.
Clopidogrel tablets are effective for the suppression of recurrence of ischemic cerebrovascular disorder, for treatment of acute coronary syndrome, stable angina pectoris and old myocardial infarction in patients who are candidates for percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), and for suppression of thrombus formation and embolization in peripheral arterial disease.
Active principles: clopidogrel sulfate
Amount: 100 tablets
Maker: Kyowa Pharmaceutical Industry Co., Ltd., Sawai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Towa Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Japan
- Suppression of recurrent ischaemic cerebrovascular disorder,
- Treatment of acute coronary syndrome,
- Stable angina pectoris treatment,
- Thrombus suppression and embolisation in peripheral arterial disease.
How to take
- For suppression of recurrence of ischemic cerebrovascular disorder: adults should take 3 tablets (75 mg of clopidogrel) at a time, once a day. Your doctor may reduce the dosage to 2 tablets (50 mg) at a time, once a day, according to the age, weight or symptoms.
- For patients with ischemic heart disease who are candidates for percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI): adults should take 12 tablets (300 mg of clopidogrel) at a time, once a day on the first day of the administration, then take 3 tablets (75 mg) at a time, once a day as the maintenance dose.
- For suppression of thrombus formation and embolization in peripheral arterial disease: adults should take 3 tablets (75 mg of clopidogrel) at a time, once daily.
Contraindications: do not use for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Do not use for patients with liver disorder, renal disorder or hypertension, patients who are bleeding or are scheduled to undergo tooth extraction or surgery.
Do not take this medicine on an empty stomach.
This medicine will make any bleeding go for a long time without stopping. In case of any serious injury or prolonged bleeding consult with your doctor immediately. If surgery or tooth extraction is scheduled, make sure to tell your doctor that you are taking this medicine.
If an allergic reaction occurs, patient needs to stop using the medicine and consult with their doctor. If patient is taking any other medication or treatment, they should consult with their doctor in advance.