Carvedilol tablets 10 mg for chronic heart failure, hypertension and angina (Coreg, Artist)
What are Carvedilol tablets 10 mg from Japan for chronic heart failure (Coreg, Artist)?
Carvedilol is a non-selective β-adrenoceptor antagonist and an α-adrenoceptor antagonist. Blocking adrenoreceptors suppresses cardiac overactivity and improves cardiac function. As an alpha-blocker, Carvedilol tablets also help to dilate blood vessels and thereby lower blood pressure.
Carvedilol tablets are used to treat chronic heart failure caused by coronary heart disease or dilated cardiomyopathy, mild to moderate essential hypertension, angina pectoris and tachycardic atrial fibrillation. Studies have shown that Carvedilol helps regulate the heartbeat, prevents heart attacks and significantly reduces the risk of death.
Active principles: carvedilol
Amount: 100 tablets
Maker: Sawai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. / Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Co., Ltd., Japan
- Chronic heart failure caused by coronary heart disease or dilated cardiomyopathy,
- Mild to moderate essential hypertension,
- Renal parenchymal hypertension,
- Angina pectoris,
- Tachycardic atrial fibrillation.
How to take
- In cases of essential hypertension (mild to moderate) and renal parenchymal hypertension: Adults should take 1-2 tablets (10-20 mg of the active principle) once daily. However, your doctor may adjust the dosage depending on your age or symptoms.
- In angina pectoris: Adults should take 2 tablets at a time once a day. However, your doctor can adjust the dosage depending on your age or symptoms.
- In tachycardic atrial fibrillation: Adults should start with 0.5 tablets (5 mg of the active ingredient), once a day. If the effect is still insufficient, the dose can be gradually increased to 1 tablet at a time, once daily, and then to 2 tablets at a time, once daily.
- In the treatment of chronic heart failure caused by coronary heart disease or dilated cardiomyopathy: Adults take 1.25 mg of the active ingredient at a time 2 times a day after meals. If the medicine is well tolerated, the dosage can be gradually increased with intervals of at least 1 week between each step. If at any point the dose is not well tolerated, the dose can be reduced. The dosage should be increased or decreased gradually, with 1.25 mg, 2.5 mg, 5 mg, and 10 mg taken at a time, 2 times a day after meals.
Contraindications: do not use for patients with bronchial asthma, bronchospasm, diabetic ketoacidosis, metabolic acidosis, bradycardia, atrioventricular block, sinoatrial block, cardiogenic shock, decompensated heart failure, right ventricular failure due to pulmonary hypertension or untreated pheochromocytoma. Do not use for pregnant, possibly pregnant or breastfeeding women.
As this medicine may provoke the sudden dizziness, the patient should avoid working at heights, operating dangerous machinery, or driving a car.
If an allergic reaction occurs, patient needs to stop using the medicine and consult with their doctor. If patient is taking any other medication or treatment, they should consult with their doctor in advance.