Camostat Mesilate tablets 100 mg 100 tablets (Foipan)
What are Camostat (Foipan) tablets?
Camostat mesylate is an effective inhibitor of proteolytic enzymes. Camostat tablets inhibit digestive enzymes in the pancreatic fluid within a short time and effectively suppress abnormal increases and fluctuations in enzyme activity. Also, Camostat tablets improve symptoms of chronic pancreatitis by inhibiting trypsin in digestive juices. Recenlty, Camostat tablets become popular for the treatment of various types of cancer and a wide range of viral diseases. For those, the dosage and the duration of the course should be prescribed by doctor in charge.
Active principles: camostat mesylate
Amount: 100 tablets
Maker: Towa / Sawai / Nichi-Iko Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Japan
Indications: Camostat tablets are effective for the following purposes:
- Inhibiting digestive enzymes in the pancreatic fluid, inhibiting an abnormal increase in enzyme activity,
- Improve symptoms of pancreatitis by inhibiting trypsin in digestive juices
- Effective in some specific forms of cancer,
- Effective in some specific viral infections,
- Some effects have been reported in SARS and coronavirus.
How to take
- For chronic pancreatitis, take 2 tablets 3 times a day.
- For postoperative reflux esophagitis, take 1 tablet 3 times a day.
- For other diseases, the dosage is to be prescribed by your doctor.
The doctor in charge can adjust the dosage according to age and symptoms in any case.
Contraindications: do not use for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
If an allergic reaction occurs, patient needs to stop using the medicine and consult with their doctor. If patient is taking any other medication or treatment, they should consult with their doctor in advance.